- This event has passed.
Battle of the Arcades Day 1
May 15 @ 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Tentatively locking in the 15th and 16th of May for Australia’s biggest arcade vs arcade event ever. Due to Covid restrictions in different state, the dates, times and rules may change but will be updated here.
Saturday the 15th and Sunday the 16th will see the doors open at 9.30am with qualifying also starting at this time. This will be in our new pay-per-play area but there will only be the one off entry fee for the whole 2 days.
Our normal lock-in gaming sessions with all pinball, arcades and consoles will still go ahead at the regular times of Saturday 3-10pm and on Sunday 10am-5pm with the normal door entry fee.
– the competition will be played over 10 unique arcade video games
– each arcade have nominated 3 arcade games in preferential order
– nominations were emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11am on the 12th of March 2020 and was read out live on the Netherworld Twitch Channel
– each game must be set to TG settings unless different settings are decided upon prior to the beginning of the tournament
– each venue must nominate a tournament director who will be responsible for inputting scores, managing queues and ensuring all games are on the agreed upon settings
Saturday and Sunday 10am to 6pm (QLD TIME)
– players may come and go over the two day window as they please
– all attempts are to be made with 1 credit only, no continues
– competitors may have as many attempts at each game as he or she wishes within the two day time frame however no single attempt may last longer than 60 minutes
– all game scores will be rated amongst all arcades with the highest score on each machine awarding the player 100 points, second highest 99 points, third 98 points and so on
– players from all teams will submit scores to a central database using the matchplay.events or another online software tool
– once a player has completed a game on all 10 titles, their accumulated points will go toward the team total
– if a competitor plays less then 10 games their points within the titles they have played still count
– for example, if a player only plays 3 games but get’s the highest score in each (100 points), those points remain with the player regardless of whether they play all 10 games or not
– each venue may have an unlimited amount of players across the two days, though only the best 8 from each venues scores will go toward the team total
– all scores must be entered live as soon as a game is completed, absolutely no sandbagging
– the end of the tournament each day (6pm qld time) is a hard cutoff and the score at exactly 6pm (qld time) must be the recorded score
– efforts will be made for arcades in different time zones to start at the same time as the Brisbane venues though allowances will be made
– as this tournament runs on an honour system, no excessive leeching or glitch abuse allowed
– the team with the highest total points shall be crowned the Australian Battle of the Arcades Champion 2020.
1 Up Arcade
1989 Arcade Bar
VIC & W.A:
***Nominated games this year***
New Rally X
Last Blade 2
Metal Slug 2
We will be setting these games up on our 10 screen arcade station soon so gamers can practice prior to the event in May.